PHASE 5: CX PROCESS DESIGN
The policies, processes, and business rules that provide the “logic” for how the business is run. Some of this is embedded in the systems, some of this is taught to employees.
A mastery of how customers prefer to interact with your brand will highlight their real (and perceived) experiences. This ultimately leads to increased customer lifetime value and retention due to attention focused on the customer. By designing the ideal customer experience, the “journey” becomes just as important as the outline. And the more memorable the journey is, the more favorable the outcome will be for both you and your customer.
1. You have defined consistent and predictable outcomes, so the same experience can be delivered every time.
2. You have prioritized all customer touchpoints and have focused your efforts on the ones that provide the greatest impact on the customer experience.
3. You have eliminated touchpoints that do not add value to the overall customer experience.
4. Based upon the touchpoint assessment, you have designed the ideal touchpoint map for your CX design.
5. Your touchpoint maps are outward-in, designed from the customer’s perspective not your internal point of view.
6. Your customer journey leads to increased Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV) and reduces Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC).
7. Critical go-to-market functions such as digital marketing and sales-customer interactions are designed for CX.
8. You can tailor your messaging depending upon the target buyer persona.
9. You can tailor your messaging specific to the major interaction.
10. Your front-line employees are enabled to deliver the ideal customer experience as per its intended design.
• Defined CX Outcomes
• Touchpoint & Episode Prioritization
• Major Interaction (MI) Design
o Personalization of Interactions
o Contextualization of Messaging
• Customer Journey Mapping (based upon ideal experience as communicated by the customer)
o Inner Loop Design
o Outer Loop Design
• CX-Centered Ecosystem Design
o Physical Facilities (i.e. Real Estate, Vehicles, Tangible Assets)
o Virtual Facilities (i.e. ERP, CRM, Website, App, etc.)
o CX Management Deliverables (i.e. Pindrop, Cogito, etc.)
• Employee CX Enablement Deliverables