PHASE 14: CUSTOMER SUCCESS OPERATIONS
Increase CSM efficiency through process, technology, metrics, and reporting.
Customer Success operations is necessary to make the Customer Success team as efficient as possible. This team ensures the right infrastructure is in place, so the team can scale its efforts. This team owns reporting inside the organization as well as the tools that are used to communicate value to customers.
1. You have a charter with the business outcomes the Customer Success operations team delivers.
2. You have a dedicated Customer Success operations team.
3. You have a dedicated Customer Success operations budget.
4. You understand the lifetime value of each customer.
5. You understand the cost to serve each customer.
6. You have a diagnostic and predictive Customer Success analytics strategy.
7. You have a data architecture and cleanliness plan.
8. You have internal executive dashboards that also serve the individual Customer Success professional.
9. You have a repeatable executive business review process.
10. You understand what percent of each Customer Success person’s time is customer is facing.
• Charter Customer Health Score
• Likelihood to Churn Score
• Likelihood to Expand Score
• Customer Health Scorecard Development
• Customer Value Reporting Design
• Internal KPI Dashboard design