PHASE 11: CS COMPENSATION AND QUOTA DESIGN
Design compensation plans that align your Customer Success team with your company’s interests.
The Customer Success team is a hybrid organization. The commissions plans used for sales teams are inappropriate but an MBO based plan is also insufficient to align the team’s efforts. The right compensation plan(s) can ensure the right actions are reinforced.
1. You pay your Customer Success team members in line with the market.
2. You know the appropriate variable compensation percentages for each role on your team.
3. Your Customer Success team members have customized incentive compensation plans.
4. Your compensation plans include a retention component.
5. Your compensation plans include a cross-sell/upsell component.
6. Your compensation plans include a customer health and/or satisfaction component.
7. You understand the cost implications of your compensation plans.
8. You perform scenario analysis for compensation costs in varying performance parameters.
9. Your compensation plans align customer, company, and employee interests.
10. A-Player Customer Success professionals are attracted to your company because of the compensation plan.
• Benchmark Assessment by Role
• Compensation Design Principles
• Compensation Plan by Role
• Financial Models
• Quota Assignment Model
• Quota Setting Process
• Communication Plan