PHASE 10: CS ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN
Based on your own unique customer segmentation, determine the right organization to achieve your objectives.
Ensuring that you have sufficient people on your team to complete the tasks that your customers expect, while managing to an overall budget is challenging. An effective organization design will ensure effectiveness and efficiency, while allowing the right amount of coaching and development by the people leaders.
1. The different roles in your Customer Success organization have a clearly defined job profile.
2. Each role in your organization has a scorecard which defines success for each individual.
3. You know how many accounts a Customer Success team member can support at different levels of your customer pyramid.
4. You know how much of each Customer Success team member’s time is spent on customer facing activities.
5. You know how many of each type of role you need.
6. You have a plan in place to improve the productivity of your Customer Success team.
7. You have a plan to scale your hiring to support your growth plans.
8. Your span of control aligns to external best practices.
9. Your organization has minimal layers necessary to support the desired span of control.
10. You have a plan in place to get to the desired spans and layers.
• Role Definition
• Productivity Model
• Headcount Modeling
• Organizational Chart
• Organizational Roadmap