PHASE 9: CS ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Determine which types of roles are necessary and how they will interact with each other and other functions.
The right playbook needs the right people running it. Depending on where you are in your Customer Success journey, your expansion plans, and what your customers need, you will need to tailor your team’s talent profile to meet those needs. A clear delineation for other departments and functions will ensure effective and efficient division of efforts.
1. You have clearly defined the RACI within your Customer Success team.
2. You have clearly defined the RACI between your Customer Success team and other functions.
3. You have defined the processes for hand offs between all groups at each stage of the life cycle.
4. You have tools in place to make team members more effective at each stage of the life cycle.
5. You understand what customer factors impact the level of support they need.
6. You understand the appropriate touchpoints for each type of customer.
7. You know the desired duration of each key touchpoint for your customers.
8. You understand your customers channel preferences for each touchpoint (i.e., face to face, phone, digital).
9. You know the level of preparation necessary for each touchpoint.
10. You know the amount of follow up necessary for each touchpoint.
• RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) Tool
• Defined Handoff Process
• Coverage Model