PHASE 5: CUSTOMER ONBOARDING
During the initial onboarding period, properly introduce new customers and users to your products so they truly view it as the solution they purchased that can achieve their desired business outcomes.
Customers who are successfully onboarded have increased utilization, value realization and satisfaction. This makes them more likely to be retained, and to earn you the right to discuss up-sell and cross-sell opportunities. Successful onboarding is the #1 factor in ensuring that customers achieve their desired outcomes from your product.
1. You have a defined customer onboarding process.
2. You understand what a successful onboarding looks like from a user’s perspective.
3. You understand what a successful onboarding looks like from a power user’s perspective.
4. You understand what a successful onboarding looks like from an outcome owner’s perspective.
5. You adjust the onboarding process based on customer use case.
6. You have metrics in place that assess whether a customer was successfully onboarded.
7. You have customer verifiable exit criteria for when a customer is onboarded.
8. Each role clearly understands their responsibilities and accountabilities for each step in the onboarding phase.
9. Individuals know who can support them with the onboarding phase.
10. You provide training that your customers utilize and value.
• Onboarding Playbook
• Customer Training Best Practices
• Job Aids
• Pilot Plan and Iteration
• SBI Support