PHASE 1: CUSTOMER SEGMENTATION
Properly align your Customer Success resources to your highest value and highest potential accounts.
Aligning the right talent in your Customer Success organization to your top accounts is the fastest way to ensure retention and drive growth. Having a deep understanding of your customer’s ability to spend (and over what time frame) ensures that you align resources accordingly.
1. You have a defined profile of your ideal customer that includes industry, company size, budget, and geography.
2. You use predictive analytics to understand the likelihood that a certain type of customer will purchase a product like yours.
3. You use predictive analytics to understand the likelihood that a customer will discontinue purchasing from you (churn).
4. You have prioritized a list of target accounts that fit your ideal customer profile and are highly likely to purchase from you.
5. The Cost to Serve an account is known by market segment.
6. You actively align your Customer Success resources to your highest value and highest potential accounts.
7. You have mapped your most talented Customer Success resources to your highest value accounts.
8. Your organization follows a RAD Model (Retain, Acquire, Develop) to identify how you should uniquely approach each account.
9. Depending upon the customer, the Customer Success team has a specific methodology it follows to service the account.
10. The target Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV) has been defined and the Customer Success team actively strives to exceed this target.
• Ideal Customer Profile
• Propensity to Buy Formula
• Propensity to Churn Formula
• Prioritized Account List
• Customer Account Potential
• Defined Customer Success Methodology by Account (RAD model)