PHASE 2: CUSTOMER SUCCESS OPERATING PLAN
Define the mission, objectives, and KPIs for the Customer Success department.
Provides guidance on how to allocate people, money, and time into the Customer Success organization. Drives guidance on how to execute a Customer Success program based on emerging best practices. Maintains alignment and prevents role corruption. Lays the foundation for all Customer Success initiatives.
1. You have a documented Customer Success Operating Plan that outlines how to retain and grow accounts.
2. You refresh your Customer Success Operating Plan on a quarterly basis.
3. The key interlocks between functions (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Customer Care) are documented, followed, and maintained on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
4. Your Product team enables the Customer Success team with accurate product information and support resources.
5. Your Marketing team enables the Customer Success team with accurate marketing & positioning information and support resources.
6. Your Sales team enables the Customer Success team with accurate sales support information and support resources.
7. Your Operations team enables the Customer Success team with operations information and support resources.
8. The most critical risks standing in the way of a superior Customer Success program are understood and documented.
9. Risk mitigation plans have been documented and are followed as needed by your Customer Success team.
10. A cross-functional Customer Success project plan has been developed and published with tasks, owners, due dates, durations, and dependencies.
• Customer Success Operating Plan
• Functional Interlock Mapping
• Risk Mitigation Plan
• Customer Success Project Plan