PHASE 2: MONITORING AND COLLECTION
Process to collect, categorize, and store insights from the market.
Insights must be collected from the right places to be relevant. With the right methodology and data management plan, insights can be tracked and prioritized. This provides a baseline set of facts to enable management to make the right decisions for the future.
1. You have a defined insights collection methodology.
2. There is a collection cadence whereby innovations are collected and curated on a schedule basis.
3. Your defined insights collection methodology is consistently utilized.
4. You store insights collected in a centralized database.
5. You actively monitor, and curate collected insights to maintain clean sets of data.
6. A tagging system and naming convention are consistently applied to all collected and stored insights.
7. A tagging system is relied upon to curate the insights collected. (i.e. invalid ideas are eliminated)
8. It is simple for individuals to submit ideas and competitive insights to the Market & Competitive Intelligence team.
9. Qualitative insights (not numbers driven) are collected through interviews and observations.
10. Quantitative insights are collected that are statistical in nature such as Net Promoter Score (NPS).
• Insights Collection Methodology
• Insights Database
• Data Cleanliness Plan
• Insight Tagging Standards