By implementing a Centralized Lead Development Team you are immediately maximizing selling time, increasing execution, and providing a competitive differentiator.
10 Key Reasons that a Centralized Lead Development Team Would Make Sense For You:
- Sales managers do not manage the prospecting activity nearly as well or as consistently as they do Opportunity Management
- Good prospecting is a data-intensive evolution which requires analytical skills, close cooperation with Marketing Ops for segmentation, and coordination with Product Marketing for specific campaigns. None of this is possible for field sales reps.
- With a dedicated Lead Demand Rep (LDR) team, you get best practices sharing, dedicated management and coaching, accountability of lead record tracking (separately from Opportunities), and lead-focused metrics tracking through some form of a Performance Framework. None of this is possible when prospecting.
- With a dedicated LDR team, you can install a defined lead management process with Job Aids.
- LDR reps can use marketing automation software (e.g. Eloqua, Marketo, Market-to-Lead) at a much more economical way (centralized licenses) and with more effectiveness.
- By freeing up rep prospecting time, reps can close more deals and make more money.
- LDR reps can respond to marketing initiatives faster.
- An LDR group will almost always have a Lead Admin rep who does data de-duping, segmentation reporting, initial data verification for a lead, and CRM data cleansing. No one really does this when reps own prospecting.
- LDR reps can leverage pre-defined nurture paths in stoking early stage buyer awareness.
- LDR reps can use automated lead grading and lead scoring to help direct the right attention to the right prospect at the right time.