Today’s topic is connecting the corporate strategy and the sales strategy. Joining us is John Suh, the CEO of LegalZoom. John has been with LegalZoom for 11 years, and was previously the CEO at StudioDirect and Casting Group.
Most CEOs have well developed corporate strategies. However, a strategy that does not get executed will result in missing your number. Only when your corporate and sales strategies are in strategic alignment will you hit your revenue growth objectives.
This interview is organized into three segments that represent the steps to develop strategies that drive revenue. We start with building a corporate strategy, then a sales strategy and finally the third segment is focused on connecting the two strategies. Watch as John explains how his sales team executes his corporate strategy.
Follow along in this discussion by downloading our 10th annual workbook, How to Make Your Number in 2017. Turn to the corporate and sales strategy sections of the PDF to go deeper.
As a CEO, John describes his revenue plan and how he plans to make the number. Strategy approaches are discussed using LegalZoom as a use case to illustrate how to make this happen. John describes a coordinated effort between sales and marketing. The following topics are discussed:
- How to define your organization’s mission, vision, and brand.
- How to develop your sales plan to hit your revenue goal.
- How to understand which sales organizational model is best.
- How to ensure the sales team can articulate your corporate strategy.
- How to tie your sales objectives to the company’s objectives.
- How to ensure your sales team communicates your brand promise in every interaction.
Download our 10th annual workbook, How to Make Your Number in 2017. It’s the guide top sales leaders use to contribute to revenue growth in a consistent, predictable way.