Do you have enough leads? The marketing team is expected to provide sales with a set number of leads each month. Are you hitting this number? Probably not. Even if you are, who would turn down more leads?
So, what’s a marketing leader to do? How can you accumulate more leads and make your sales leader happy? The answer is simple – more campaigns. But there’s a catch. Not just more of them – they have to be highly thought out and effective campaigns.
There are several pieces that go into an effective campaign. The first is planning. You should spend time thinking through every piece of the campaign. This includes, but is not limited, items such as these:
- Goal – what do you hope to accomplish with this campaign? Set a specific, and measurable objective for each campaign you plan to build.
- Timeline – when will you be running this campaign? How long will it run, and what is the frequency of your touches?
- List – who will be receiving the campaign? Most companies have their buyer personas established. Which one(s) will your campaign target?
- Channel – how will they receive the message? Email, phone, social media? There are quite a few options available to you. Think through which will be most effective for your campaign.
- Offers – what offer you will use? What offer can you make that will be irresistible to your target persona?
- Copy – what will the messages say? Again, think about what’s in it for your buyer when writing the copy. Make it relevant and personal.
- Assets – what will they get as part of the campaign? This is usually some type of content; an eBook, a research report, etc. Quick tip here is to utilize your best performing content. There is no need to start from scratch.
- Follow-up – what happens when they take the desired action? Do you recommend a next step? Make it super simple for your prospects and customers. Take the thinking out of it, and make the next step blatantly obvious.
What are the keys to a successful campaign? How do you ensure your audience responds in the way you want them to? Here are 3 tips to ensure campaign success.
#1 – Trust
You have to earn the trust of your audience. Don’t start off the campaign with an ask. Would you respond to an email or phone call that starts immediately by asking you for some type of commitment? Chances are no. Build trust and prove that you are a knowledgeable source. Once you have established credibility, then you can go for the meeting (or whatever your goal may be).
# 2 – Be outward-in in your approach
Think like your prospect or customer. What do they care about? What do they need? Use your company’s buyer personas and buying process map to help guide you. It should be all about them, not all about you.
#3 – Measure and Adjust
Constantly watch your campaign metrics. Is your audience responding? Are they taking the steps you want them to? Celebrate the quick wins. Celebrate the failures as well. A successful failure means you learned something to make future campaigns better. Be agile in your campaign approach. Make changes based on data during the course of the campaign.
Download this tool to get started on your next campaign. By following these tips, you can build campaigns that produce more leads.