Your product team identified a market need. They’ve developed a product with unique value. Now, they must clearly define the UVP. And marketing must package and deliver the UVP to draw prospects into the funnel. It’s difficult to grow revenue faster than your industry’s growth rate and faster than your competitors. The Revenue Growth Diagnostic interactive tool will help you determine if you are likely or unlikely to make your number.
What’s your new product’s story? How will you use it to power your lead generation machine?
Today, we’ll guide you from product story conception to top-of-the-funnel delivery. And share best practices for carving your niche and creating an irresistible buzz.
Position Your Product
It’s not up to your buyers to determine your product’s value. Or why your product outshines your competitor’s. You have to make a clear, compelling case. Otherwise, buyers will default to the product with the best price.
- You must define the problem your product uniquely solves. And the value buyers will realize as a result. (Both user and buyer personas are critical here.)
- You must develop a user-centric story about how your product solves the problem.
- You must ensure your UVP is clear and distinct from your competitor’s. And it must reflect your knowledge of your competitors. A “win theme” does this in an efficient and memorable way.
Decide How You’ll Market It
Marketing and sales need deep customer insight. Without it, they’ll likely point the wrong solutions to the wrong markets. And your message won’t resonate.
- Clarify marketing’s role in the product/solution launch strategy.
- Determine how the marketing and product teams can best work together to refine messaging.
- Make sure your message conveys your product’s positioning statement, value proposition, and comparative strengths.
Many marketers struggle to match their product with markets eager to buy. SBI can help with sales readiness. Our marketing planning services can guide you from competitor analysis to pricing strategy.
Plan Your Campaign
You need to design a marketing campaign that will attract buyers to your product/solution. To fill the pipeline with leads, you must define your audience. Choose the right programs. Execute the right activities. And fully develop your offers.
- Consider the type of campaigns you need to run. (Awareness, competitive replacement, up-sell, cross sell, migration, new logo, nurture, renewal, etc.)
- Outline your objectives, budget, schedule, and goals for each campaign.
- Identify target personas as well as appropriate content assets, messages, channels, offers, and calls to action.
Countdown to Liftoff: How Will You Execute?
How will you carry out your content marketing strategy? How will you manage leads and enable sales? How will you measure progress? If you would like to spend some time with me planning your product launch, come see me in Dallas at The Studio, SBI’s multimillion dollar, one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art executive briefing center. A visit to The Studio increases the probability of making your number because the sessions are built on the proven strength and stability of SBI, the industry leader in B2B sales and marketing.