“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
Sales Operations works with virtually every key functional group and level within an organization. Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Human Resources, Customer Service, and IT. From executive leadership to front-line account management.
Sales operations leaders are in a unique position to measure the Customer Experience (CX) and deliver a sustainable edge.
Here are 5 ways Sales Ops can jump-start your organization’s path to real competitive advantage:
- Data Strategy – Because Sales Ops so often works cross functionally, you have the opportunity to directly drive a data strategy, aligning the organization for success. Data from CRM, Finance, web-site interactions and Customer Service should form the core of CX decisions.
- Data Access and Analytics – With your unique vantage point across the organization you can provide the essential metrics that quantify if CX initiatives are delivering. To succeed in CX, you can enable to organization to determine which outcomes to focus on.
- Technology Platforms – A well-staffed team in Sales Ops has individuals that bridge the gap between what technology is available to support Sales and how it’s best leveraged to meet specific business needs.
- Access to Sellers, Buyers and Prospects – As Sales Ops lead, you can drive un-biased understanding through Win-Loss interviews and other customer and prospect feedback loops.
- Sales, Marketing, Product and Executive Interlock – In our client engagements, we so often see a disconnect across functional groups. The very best Sales Ops teams focus on aligning these groups with support from executive leadership.
Measuring and managing the Customer Experience is your path to true differentiation in your marketplace today.
“You’ll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be easily duplicated, but a strong customer service culture can’t be copied.” – Jerry Fritz
Done poorly, CX will cause organizations to chase their tails. The very first step is for Executive leadership to agree on the one or two most important measures that deliver successful outcomes. Sales Ops can provide needed direction here. Is a reduction in customer churn most related to success measures? Are you spending too much to acquire customers of little lifetime value? What correlations exist between customer satisfaction during specific interactions and future purchase? Sales Ops is uniquely positioned to answer these questions.
SBI’s Revenue Growth Diagnostic will provide you with the information needed to start on your CX journey. Understanding how well the team is aligned will allow you and your sales leader to get moving. Delivering an extraordinary CX will give you competitive advantage that is not easily duplicated. Extraordinary CX will fuel your growth.
If you would like to participate in a custom workshop focused on how sales operations can support CX, bring your team to engage with a hand-picked team of experts in Dallas at , SBI’s executive briefing center.
- Understand how to grow revenue through sales optimization
- Determine whether they’ve developed a prospecting methodology specific to their target customers and prospects
- Facilitate discussions with the Executive Leadership team on the value of building a custom, one-of-a-kind sales methodology that gives them an advantage over the competition