article | January 29, 2014
9 Tips for Building an Inside Sales Force that Works
In a recent post, I discussed 5 reasons sales leaders should consider inside sales. This post is for sales leaders looking for further education on inside sales.
Perhaps this is a strategy worth consideration to help make the number. Or, maybe the current inside sales team isn’t attaining its goals.
Here is a 30 minute webcast called Building Inside Sales for Growth. It provides 9 tips for building a successful inside sales force.
The Advantages of Inside Sales
Deploying inside sales in a B2B sales environment is a best practice. Modern technology decreases the need for a rep to be “in the room” selling. Companies that do not leverage some form of inside sales are now outliers. There are too many advantages, such as:
Here are a four learning opportunities from the webcast:
Exploring Your Options
A critical strategy decision is determining how inside sales should be organized. The webcast discusses several organizational models you might consider. Here are 5 tips worth reviewing:
5. Minute 7:33 – An introduction to 6 potential organization models for consideration. A description of potential models with examples for each.
6. Minute 8:00 – A review of the pros and cons of each model. Examples of how these models have become more prevalent in inside sales.
- In a stratified organization, the line between inside sales and outside sales has moved. Inside sales can now sell significantly larger deals than they used to. As a result, companies are increasing headcount here to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Examples like this are provided for each org model.
7. Minute 17:42 – Learn why a hybrid approach is deadly for inside sales organizations.
8. Minute 18:37 – Understand how to determine the right inside sales model. 3 phases to implement a world class inside sales team.
9. Minute 21:45 – An extensive Q&A with the webcast participants. Thinking through inside sales raises many new questions. This portion of the webcast answers several of them.
Winning with Inside Sales
When done correctly, inside sales is an incredibly powerful revenue generator. Many sales leaders give up if a first attempt is not successful. This is a mistake.
Buyers continue to evolve, requiring fewer, shorter and more immediate interactions with sales reps. The presence of inside sales will continue to grow in order to serve these needs. Take advantage of this webcast to learn more about making inside sales a success.
Legacy companies have been able to withstand nearly every possible economic condition over several d...
Death by information overload—a theme and phrase we often hear in the age of information techn...
Brand Experience and Brand Promise often get grouped into one category when considering how buyers i...
Over the last 6 months, there have only been an elite few known as “Accelerators” &mdash...
It may be easy to assume that tech-enabled services became an overnight success in the wake of the w...
As 2020 is finally in the rear-view mirror, the workplace as we have known it looks drastically diff...
As we round out 2020 and begin to look ahead to 2021, the topic of revenue planning is surely at the...
The most difficult challenge leaders will face in 2021 is motivating personnel. Even with a new pros...
SBI TV episodes bring you Sales and Marketing insights from B2B industry thought leaders and growth experts, on topics like product, pricing, customer experience and success, and go to market. Catch up on new and previous episodes here.