article | January 29, 2014
9 Tips for Building an Inside Sales Force that Works
In a recent post, I discussed 5 reasons sales leaders should consider inside sales. This post is for sales leaders looking for further education on inside sales.
Perhaps this is a strategy worth consideration to help make the number. Or, maybe the current inside sales team isn’t attaining its goals.
Here is a 30 minute webcast called Building Inside Sales for Growth. It provides 9 tips for building a successful inside sales force.
The Advantages of Inside Sales
Deploying inside sales in a B2B sales environment is a best practice. Modern technology decreases the need for a rep to be “in the room” selling. Companies that do not leverage some form of inside sales are now outliers. There are too many advantages, such as:
Here are a four learning opportunities from the webcast:
Exploring Your Options
A critical strategy decision is determining how inside sales should be organized. The webcast discusses several organizational models you might consider. Here are 5 tips worth reviewing:
5. Minute 7:33 – An introduction to 6 potential organization models for consideration. A description of potential models with examples for each.
6. Minute 8:00 – A review of the pros and cons of each model. Examples of how these models have become more prevalent in inside sales.
- In a stratified organization, the line between inside sales and outside sales has moved. Inside sales can now sell significantly larger deals than they used to. As a result, companies are increasing headcount here to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Examples like this are provided for each org model.
7. Minute 17:42 – Learn why a hybrid approach is deadly for inside sales organizations.
8. Minute 18:37 – Understand how to determine the right inside sales model. 3 phases to implement a world class inside sales team.
9. Minute 21:45 – An extensive Q&A with the webcast participants. Thinking through inside sales raises many new questions. This portion of the webcast answers several of them.
Winning with Inside Sales
When done correctly, inside sales is an incredibly powerful revenue generator. Many sales leaders give up if a first attempt is not successful. This is a mistake.
Buyers continue to evolve, requiring fewer, shorter and more immediate interactions with sales reps. The presence of inside sales will continue to grow in order to serve these needs. Take advantage of this webcast to learn more about making inside sales a success.
On today’s special edition of the Revenue Growth Help Desk, we celebrate Women’s History...
Nearing the end of 2020, less than a dozen market-leading CEOs gathered for SBI’s fall Advisor...
Over the years, we have been fortunate to speak with inspiring women who are leading the charge in r...
To say your salesforce is changing is an understatement. Not only have there been shifts in adapting...
A good account segmentation will keep the lights on, but a great segmentation is how ...
Sales and Product are in constant tension with each other. Ideally, this friction is a catalyst for ...
As the calendar has turned to 2021, top-tier NFL teams are preparing for deep runs in the playoffs. ...
Inefficient activity assignment and role clarity issues within your organization can drive down impo...
SBI TV episodes bring you Sales and Marketing insights from B2B industry thought leaders and growth experts, on topics like product, pricing, customer experience and success, and go to market. Catch up on new and previous episodes here.