When I ask this question to CEO’s, I hear, “If they execute my strategy they will.” But how can you be sure the sales team understands your corporate strategy, and connect it to their sales strategy?
If you want to answer this question definitively, click here and listen to this podcast. It is an interview with Bal Dail, the Chairman and CEO of JDA Software, the provider of the broadest portfolio of supply chain solutions.
During this interview, Bal discusses:
- His opinion on why very few CEOs have come up through sales and the problem this can cause when trying to make your number.
- A definition of the term “strategic alignment” and why it is critical to your success.
- Ways upon which a CEO can:
- Drive market research output into sales strategy.
- Educate the sales team on the markets to compete in, the accounts to sell to, the buyers to meet with, the products to position, and the competitors to beat.
- Make sure the leaders of product, marketing, sales, and HR are working off of one integrated and aligned strategy.
Bal and I use SBI’s recently released workbook titled, “How to Make Your Number in 2016” to guide our conversation. Specifically, pages 51-70 which details SBI’s 8 Step Corporate Strategy Methodology.
I walk Bal through the model, and he explains how he uses a version of it at his company. The benefit to you is that you get to see a “demo,” if you will, on how to use this tool. At the end of this show, if you want to use the SBI Workbook yourself, I let you know how to get it.
If you want to make sure the sales team delivers on the revenue goals next year, click here and hear how one of your peers has done so.