Are you designing the 2016 compensation plans for the sales team, or will be soon?
If so, click here and listen to this podcast. It is an interview with Bill Sexton, Director of Sales Ops at Zebra Technologies, a technology company doing $3.5 billion in annual sales, with 418 sales reps and 30 people in sales ops.
Bill just went through a redesign of the sales compensation system at Zebra, which consolidated a large number of complicated plans into 5 simple compensation frameworks. This was a multi-month effort which provides us with many learnings you can benefit from.
By listening to this podcast you will hear Bill’s perspective on:
- How to determine if you are paying too much or too little.
- The challenges on setting quotas correctly.
- The right way, and wrong way, to perform comp plan benchmarking.
- The risks, and rewards, of providing comp calculators to the field.
- How to select, and implement, compensation automation technology.
If you need to design comp plans heading into 2016, and want to learn from a peer who just went through a redesign, click here.