Today’s topic is understanding how to make the customer experience a competitive differentiator. As a guide to the conversation, download our 10th annual workbook, How to Make Your Number in 2017. Turn to the customer experience design phase on pages 130 – 135 of the PDF.
I recently interviewed Cigna’s Vice President of Global Product Strategy and Operations, Rob Wentling. Cigna is one of the largest global health services companies in the world. Rob is accountable for creating and delivering an enterprise-wide product strategy including core product development and management processes critical in helping Cigna achieve its “Go Deep, Go Global, and Go Individual” strategy.
Rob has 25 years of business experience at some of the world’s great companies such as AT&T, ADP, The Hartford Insurance Company, and now Cigna. His experience includes business unit strategy, product strategy, business development, marketing, and development. Listen as Rob and I discuss how the customer experience be a competitive advantage.
Why this topic? Customer’s expectations have risen, and failure to provide an exceptional experience for each customer can result in poor revenue growth. Some customers prioritize their experience over product performance, believe it or not, when making a purchase decision. This requires a deep understanding of the customer’s journey and each touch point along the way. Mapping this customer’s journey is a difficult yet mission critical task that when done correctly can result in exceptional revenue growth.
Listen as Rob and I discuss Customer Experience Design and answer the following questions:
- How do you embed customer experience design in your organization?
- How do you develop customer experience journey maps to understand what exactly motivates people, and what bothers them when buying your product?
- Do you use tools such as touch-point analysis?
- Do your customers care about the customer experience only after they have purchased the product and are using it, or do they care about their experience as they are buying it? What implications does this create?
- What impact does the customer experience have on brand loyalty? How do you measure this?
- Who should be the primary customer advocate inside an organization and why?
If you need more help with your customer experience design, download our 10th annual workbook, How to Make Your Number in 2017. Turn to pages 130 – 135 of the PDF. To request a workshop with an expert simply sign up for a MySBI account and check the box in your preferences to request a workshop.