Today’s topic is how to improve the efficiency of a sales team by getting new hires productive quickly. Joining us is a Chief Revenue Officer with one of the shortest times from new hire to full productivity that you’ll find in B2B sales. You’ll be astounded to hear how fast our guest can get a rep to full productivity in a highly competitive industry. Join us as our guest shares his secrets so you can make it happen for your sales force. It’s difficult to grow revenue faster than your industry’s growth rate and faster than your competitors. Leverage SBI’s How to Make Your Number in 2018 to access a revenue growth methodology to hit your number quarter after quarter, and year after year.
Why this topic? Starting a new year typically involves onboarding new sales hires. A long new hire productivity cycle can lead to a missed revenue target, and we don’t want that. There is a way to do this and, when done correctly, this can ignite revenue growth.
Our guest is Dave Wirta, the Chief Revenue Officer of Greenway Health with 1,800 employees. Supporting 75,000 providers and 8,000 individual practices, Greenway Health is helping to transform how healthcare is delivered by providing technology solutions. Greenway helps physicians and staff focus on delivering healthcare to their patients and not worry about technology and the business side of the equation. Watch as Dave helps his peers by demonstrating how to improve the efficiency of a sales team by getting new hires productive quickly.
In the first segment of the show, watch as Dave responds to these three questions:
- How long does it take you to fill an open sales position and what have you done to shrink this?
- How long does it take for a new sales hire to reach full productivity and what have you done to shrink this?
- How do you measure new hire time to productivity (time to break even, time to first sale, time to quota etc.)?
The second segment discusses the appropriate level of quota for a sales rep during the onboarding process. Dave also discusses the controversial topic of what to do with quota levels for open positions. The development and ownership of the onboarding program caps off the second segment.
Dave shares his expertise on some advanced concepts in the final segment. Outstanding guidance is provided to these questions faced by every sales force:
- How do you ensure the new sales hire fully understands his or her role and responsibilities completely?
- How do you make sure the new hire has clear direction on how to develop his or her career day one on the job?
- How do you make sure the new hire is placed in winning conditions?
Have expectations gone up and left you wondering if you can make your number? Here is a tool that will help you understand if you have a chance at success. Take the Revenue Growth Diagnostic test and rate yourself against SBI’s sales and marketing strategy to find out if:
- Your revenue goal is realistic
- You will earn your bonus
- You will keep your job
Home Page Image: U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Shane A. Cuomo, WikiMedia Commons
Header Image: Rob Shenk, Flickr