Today’s topic is how to improve the efficiency of a sales team by getting new hires productive quickly. To help you capture the key points, download our 10th annual workbook, How to Make Your Number in 2017 and turn to pages 290 – 292.
Why this topic? Starting a new year typically involves onboarding new sales hires. A long new hire productivity cycle can lead to a missed revenue target, and we don’t want that. There is a way to do this, and when done correctly, this can ignite revenue growth.
Our guest is Dave Wirta, the Chief Revenue Officer of Greenway Health with 1,800 employees. Supporting 75,000 providers and 8,000 individual practices, Greenway Health is helping to transform how healthcare is delivered by providing technology solutions. Greenway helps physicians and staff focus on delivering healthcare to their patients and not worry about technology and the business side of the equation. Watch as Dave helps his peers by demonstrating how to improve the efficiency of a sales team by getting new hires productive quickly.
In the first segment of the show, watch as Dave responds to these three questions:
- How long does it take you to fill an open sales position and what have you done to shrink this?
- How long does it take for a new sales hire to reach full productivity and what have you done to shrink this?
- How do you measure new hire time to productivity (time to break even, time to first sale, time to quota etc.)?
The second segment discusses the appropriate level of quota for a sales rep during the onboarding process. Dave also discusses the controversial topic of what to do with quota levels for open positions. The development and ownership of the onboarding program caps off the second segment.
Dave shares his expertise on some advanced concepts in the final segment. Outstanding guidance is provided to these questions faced by every sales force:
- How do you ensure the new sales hire fully understands his or her role and responsibilities completely?
- How do you make sure the new hire has clear direction on how to develop his or her career day one on the job?
- How do you make sure the new hire is placed in winning conditions?
If after watching you want to learn more, download our 10th annual workbook. How to Make Your Number in 2017 provides guidance on the overall corporate strategy, and more. It is your key to a great 2017.