How do you quantify the importance of Talent Management? “A” players, those defined as being strong in accountabilities (results) and competencies (behaviors) outperform “B” players 47% in quota production. If you assume performance conditions to be equal for all of your sales heads, Talent Management could be the single most important contributor to sales performance.
What is Talent Management?
There are five critical components:
1. Talent Definition (who are we looking for?)
2. Talent Acquisition (how do we find them)
3. Talent Evaluation (how do we interview them)
4. Talent Selection (how do we decide who is best fit)
5. Talent Development (how do we coach and develop them over time)
Use this lens to view your human capital. Tune in on my next post as we dive into the first step and gain clarity on this vital driver of sales productivity.