You are exposed to hundreds of pieces of content a day. You find yourself having no time to figure out what is relevant vs. noise. You are competitive and want to outmaneuver your competitors. Let me net it out for you. These tips represent best practices from leading Sales & Marketing organizations.
The first 25 tips are listed below. To get all 50 tips and greater insight into the latest research, download them here.
50 Tips to Make it Rain Quality Leads
- Convert Ideal Customer Profiles into Buyer Personas and Buying Process Maps.
- Only the prospect can move from one buying stage to the next. A rep cannot.
- Get out of social media denial. Social Selling has become mission critical.
- Turn your sales and marketing teams social profiles into marketing channels.
- LinkedIn profiles should not focus on personal accomplishments. Focus the LinkedIn profiles on how they help your buyers.
- Buyers will search Google before doing business. What will they find?
- Benchmark your content marketing – prospects decide if they are going to buy from you before talking to a sales rep.
- By the time you pass the lead to the sales rep, the customer has completed more than 57% of the buying process.
- Establish the common definition of a “qualified lead” with both Sales & Marketing.
- When qualifying a lead, understand the difference between interest and intent.
- Match web form submissions to 3rd party databases to validate and enrich your understanding of the prospective buyer.
- Put together the “A” team. You can’t do it all yourself. Hire a team you can depend on that complements your particular strengths and weaknesses.
- Hiring ‘A’ players takes more than a 1 hour interview.
- Prioritize recycled leads over all other leads sources. Third time is a charm.
- Centralized lead generation outperforms decentralized lead generation.
- Execute – knowing how to do something is more important than knowing what to do.
- Learn your prospects preferences- over the phone, text, email, social, etc.
- Invest in lead development reps before filling sales rep positions.
- Mystery shop your competitors. How do they market and sell?
- Making decisions with your gut no longer makes sense. Leverage data to provide insights.
- Leading indicators are better than lagging indicators. Which metrics are you looking at?
- Establish a referral program – Referral leads convert at a higher rate than non-referred leads
- Build a campaign planning framework for effective execution.
- Create a lead nurturing process that includes a lead return to nurture path.
- Be certain that marketing’s mission matches that of the CEO and VP of Sales. You might be surprised.
These are only half the tips available to you. Get all 50 free here.