Today Jill Rowley, former Chief Growth Officer of Marketo, discusses how this emerging role brings together sales and marketing leaders to leverage the power of their best salespeople: their customers. Jill shares key drivers that bring about executive alignment that correlate to winning more deals, with more coverage.
Click here for the podcast version of this interview.
Segment 1: A Chief Growth Officer As An Emerging Function and Title
- Jill describes her emerging role and how it contributes to company growth. minute 1:41
- How a Chief Growth Officer can bring the perspective your company needs. minute 3:09
Skip to minute 4:20 to hear Jill discuss how a CGO rethinks marketing messages:
“Nobody wants to be marketed to, and nobody wants to be sold. Well, what do buyers want? They want to be engaged, they want to be understood, they want help, and they demand value…”
Segment 2: The Impact and Influence of A Chief Growth Officer
- Connecting to your partner ecosystem and driving growth. minute 7:24
- How a Chief Growth Officer fits within your company and can influence customers. minute 10:23
- Determining if your company is ready to implement a Chief Growth Officer. minute 12:35
Skip to minute 15:47 to hear Jill talk about the importance of executive alignment and its impact on revenue:
“I challenge sales leaders to run the numbers and look at the data and look at their win rates in deals where they have executive alignment and sponsorship, and I will guarantee not only do you win more of those deals, but they’re not discounted as heavily…”