In this month’s episode of SBI.TV, Greg Alexander has an in-depth conversation with Todd Cione, the Chief Revenue Officer for Rackspace. With 6,000 employees, Rackspace is a $1.8 billion provider of cloud computing services, and has become the number one provider of managed cloud services. Todd oversees marketing and communications globally, as well as the direct and indirect sales channel for the Americas.
Before joining Rackspace in 2013, Todd spent 15 years at Microsoft, where he most recently was responsible for $4 billion in revenue from sales of software, cloud and services, as well as enterprise services. He brings more than 20 years of technical market experience to the conversation and has three unique business experiences that make him the ideal person to weigh in on today’s topic: building a team of A-players.
Todd shares his thoughts on sourcing talent, recruiting, hiring, onboarding and ongoing talent development. Get out a pen and paper, because you won’t want to forget any of these actionable teambuilding tips.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s everyone’s job to source talent.
- The #1 social media platform to use to source talent.
- Why a strong value proposition is critical in recruiting Level A talent.
- The surprising behavior that is most important to consider when making a hiring decision.
- How thoroughly documenting the recruiting and hiring processes will save you time and frustration for years down the road.
- Does mentoring really work during the onboarding process?
- Why it’s critical that individuals demonstrate success before they move on to a new role.
- The #1 hallmark of an outstanding leader.
Watch this episode to get actionable insight from one of the best talent detectors in the tech industry, and learn how to find, onboard and develop A-level talent that helps you make your number year after year. Greg and Todd’s conversation is both eye-opening and inspiring.
How to Get the Latest from SBI.TV