Today Meredith Kildow, Chief Revenue Officer of Consilio, joins us to discuss strategies that sales leaders can use to navigate their teams through mergers and acquisitions.
Click here for the podcast version of this interview.
Segment 1: People and Structure
- It’s about what’s right, not who’s right minute 3:49
- Determine the best structure for the new company minute 4:52
- First focus on integration, then optimization minute 7:02
Skip to minute 8:28 to hear how Meredith handles internal and external communication during mergers:
“It all comes back to the ability for you to keep the talent, keep the performance. And this is not just sales. This is across the organization…”
Segment 2: Systems and Processes
- Identify best practices across the different organizations minute 10:36
- Determine if/how third parties should support your sales team minute 13:46
- Provide a clear internal communication path minute 15:41
Skip to minute 12:12 to listen to Meredith speak about enhancing her systems and processes through collaboration:
“We’ve spent a lot of time and a lot of energy building ours, so we will try as much as possible to build in those great things that we’re bringing into the company, but within sort of a skeleton that we’ve created….”
Segment 3: Managing Accelerated Timelines
- Distinguish what needs to be done immediately from what can wait minute 18:02
- Establish a common culture quickly minute 20:52
Skip to minute 21:42 to hear how Meredith and Consilio integrate a company culture from the first stages of a merger.
“[Reach] out to every salesperson in the beginning in those first few days. They need to feel that accessibility. They need to understand that culture isn’t just words on a page — that that’s truly how the leadership feels…”