Well-established tech companies have typically developed a large, multi-layer partner ecosystem that they rely on. For a sales leader in this environment, problem-solving, and having shared responsibilities with these channel partners is the only way to succeed in moving the GTM strategy forward.
Today, Scott Peterson, SVP Americas at Mitel and veteran UCaaS executive, shares what is working for him in adjusting to COVID-19 market implications with his partner ecosystem:
- Packaging and pricing with different-sized partners
- Daily scrums with channel partners
- Deal flow and execution
Click here for the podcast version of this interview.
Managing the Challenges of a COVID-19 Environment with the Partner Ecosystem
- How to have a dynamic approach to coverage plans. minute 5:02
- Reimagining products and packaging to accommodate customer needs. minute 7:35
- How Mitel’s deal flow has been evolving during the course of the pandemic. minute 9:46
Skip to minute 14:23 to hear Scott discuss the importance of collaboration:
“We’re an indirect go-to-market organization, so that ecosystem is the lifeblood of our business. I talk to dozens of partners every day because it is so critical to our business, and it’s really interesting. The partners of size and magnitude are starting to have conversations about accounts receivable and how can we as an industry, as an ecosystem, think about a shared balance sheet and shared responsibility, particularly where we’ve got shared customers and in industries that have been particularly hard hit by COVID, hospitality being one of them.”