Joining us on the SBI Podcast is Sangram Vajre, Chief Evangelist and Co-Founder of Terminus. Sangram is one of the 21 B2B influencers to watch by the B2B News Network. And many in the audience know Sangram as the founder of the #flipmyfunnel community.
Terminus is an Account-Based Platform for Marketing and Sales is your end-to-end solution for identifying and prioritizing target accounts, engaging them with a multichannel approach, activating sales for targeted outreach, and reporting on your ABM programs to every level of your business.
Below is a timestamped summary of the show segments and the topics covered. If you’d prefer to watch the show click here.
Segment 1: Creating, Implementing, and Calculating the Results of Your Own ABM Efforts
- Where ABM starts and stops. minute 6:25
- Blind-spots CMO’s have that need to be overcome. minute 9:36
- How marketing should work with sales to identify the best-fit customers. minute 13:33
Skip to minute 7:19 to listen to Sangram explain the importance of sales and marketing working together:
“Marketers have been giving leads to sales from beginning of time. The only way to profit is when marketers and sales working together as one team, and chase the same leads. That is the number one thing they have to do. If they don’t have that, it doesn’t really matter how amazing your content is, or how amazing your strategies are…”
Segment 2: Getting Started on the Transition to ABM
- How CMOs transition from demand generation to more customized approaches with targeted accounts. minute 17:25
- How to develop the skills necessary for great Account Based Marketing? minute 20:02
- How companies can navigate the content maze. minute 22:17
Skip to minute 20:54 to watch Sangram describe how the role of an enabler can drastically increase your success as a company:
“Marketing has to have a number on their back, just like sales team. How do we do that? One way we’ve proven to be effective is to have an enabler is sitting with the sales team, every single day. The enabler reports to marketing, but their job is to work on account engagement. Their bonuses, and their job, is dependent on penetrating these accounts and keeping sales and marketing aligned…”
Segment 3: The Biggest Challenges Facing Revenue Generation Leaders & How to Solve Them
- Championing CX, and taking action in a meaningful way. minute 25:12
- How a marketing leader can become the CEO. minute 27:06
- Identifying the impact of your efforts to genuinely engage in social dialogue compared to traditional 1-way campaign efforts. minute 29:15
Skip to minute 30:04 to listen to Sangram discuss how to successfully utilize branding strategies and engage in social dialogue:
“A lot of people fall into this idea of, “I want to build a brand”. And for many that means, “Okay let me look at Gary Vaynerchuk. Let me look at what Sangram is doing with videos, on LinkedIn.” But it doesn’t really matter. What matters is, be yourself, because people can see right through a copy of someone else’s work. If they can see your heart and your passion, then it won’t feel like work…”