What does it take for sales teams to be successful in the highly competitive B2B world? Many sales and marketing experts believe the key to sales strategy success is agile learning. Reps must be able to quickly adapt to change. My colleague Drew Kiran and I recently reviewed a sales podcast, titled “Million Dollar Insights, Joining the Agile Sales Revolution”. The guest, sales expert Jill Konrath, discussed why salespeople need to learn skills faster and improve sales results quickly. She discusses the keys to adopting agile learning inside of your sales force.
During our show we’ll dissect Jill’s advice. We will determine which of her insights should be implemented in your selling strategies. And we’ll point out several critical pieces of a strategic sales plan that her podcast missed. We will review:
- The keys to accelerating revenue growth quickly.
- Why success depends on both your talent and your performance conditions.
- Why a deep knowledge of customers, markets, and accounts will help sales reps improve results.
- Why sales enablement, though critical, is not a complete sales strategy. It should instead be thought of as a sales tactic.
- How sales leaders should change their strategy in order to become more agile.
Ultimately sales success comes down to having a sound sales strategy. Being an agile organization can, and should, be part of this. But it’s not the only aspect. Sales leaders must set the direction for the entire sales organization. To do this, you must listen to the external market place and remain aligned with the rest of the organization. Listen to our show on sales strategy to understand how to set your team up for success.