Of all the challenges that sales leaders have faced this past year, effectively evolving field sellers into virtual teams has been one of the most difficult to navigate.
On today’s show, Mike Carpenter, President of Global Sales & Field Operations at CrowdStrike, joins SBI Managing Director Tony Erickson to discuss the strategic pivots Mike has facilitated to better enable their team in a work-from-home environment and the opportunities they have seen since, including:
- Forming inside sales teams without constraints
- Increases in customer access
- A lasting shift in corporate operations
Click here for the full podcast version of this interview.
Executing Strategic Shifts to Outpace the Competition
- Embracing dynamic planning to pivot to demands in the marketplace. minute 1:33
- Implementing digital tools to enable a work-from-home environment. minute 5:01
- Major pivots in response to the disruption in selling motions. minute 6:18
- Accessing new markets and buying personas to accelerate. minute 10:43
- Unexpected results from new processes. minute 12:20
Skip to minute 7:45 to hear Mike share how the virtual shift allowed them to hold 500 customer meetings in just 100 days:
“Because of the efficiencies that you pick up with not getting in planes, trains, automobiles, hotels, and the whole nine yards, we adjusted it to the virtual piece… It was certainly efficient for the business and really productive for the company. But it is a big shift. And what you also realize is that your customers are going through that as well. And the accessibility of our customers has been amazing. We have a lot of CEOs on those calls and a lot more CIOs than would typically be available.”