Joining us on SBI TV is Joe Vitalone, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at Razberi Technologies, and the top expert at developing and executing a sales strategy at scale through channel partners.
Razberi Technologies offers a reliable, secure, and network-friendly video surveillance platform that records the highest quality video while reducing capital, bandwidth, and space costs.
Below is a timestamped summary of the show segments and the topics covered. If you’d prefer to listen to the podcast version click here.
Segment 1: Execute a Revenue Growth Strategy Through Channel Partners
- Determining what business goes direct, and what business goes through the channel. minute 3:52
- Setting expectations with your partners. minute 5:23
- How channel recruitment and frictionless selling changes from a couple billion dollars of public to small mid-stage startup. minute 7:40
- Putting visibility and predictability into a forecast. minute 9:23
Skip to minute 7:51 to listen to Joe explain how channel recruitment and frictionless selling changes from a couple billion dollars of public to small mid-stage startup:
“If they’re never bumping into each other, whether it’s your channels bumping into each other or direct group bumping into the channel, then you don’t have adequate coverage. There needs to be some collision, otherwise you know there’s market that is going unnoticed, unwatched, and uncultivated…”
Segment 2: Optimizing your Channel Partner Portfolio
- Leading indicators and pulling the trigger. minute 13:26
- Knowing you have the right channel partners in each segment, vertical, and geo. minute 16:11
- Onboarding new partners. minute 18:27
Skip to minute 14:13 to watch Joe describe the leading indicators that your efforts are having an impact:
“You look at the available market first, then you look at what you want your market share to be in that market based on what your budget says, and then you bring on channel partners and you start to track their activity, not just win loss but their pipeline activity such that it’s trending to a size that you want them to have…”
Segment 3: Transforming the Organization
- The situation you walked into, and what you were trying to accomplish with each transformation. minute 21:41
- Prioritizing the elements of a transformation. minute 23:41
Skip to minute 23:11 to listen to Joe describe a situation he walked into and how he planned to improve it:
“You’ve got to make sure that all the people that you bring in, sign up and subscribe to the growth challenge that’s ahead of them regardless of history and make sure everybody learns the product and that the sales process that you implement, there’s one sales process everybody knows it, can speak it including the channel partners and that it lines up with the cooperate mission statement of the company…”