Traditional demand generation and lead management does not work for companies that are dependent on a small number of accounts that spend a lot. Instead, marketing teams must replace leads with opportunities for the sales team. SBI recently spoke with Gahan Richardson, the vice president of corporate marketing at Cypress Semiconductors. Listen as Gahan explains his approach to account based marketing and how he uses it to set his sales team up for success.
During the interview, Gahan will answer questions such as:
- Why is it critical for your sales team to go wide and deep inside of their accounts, building many relationships?
- What is the lifetime value of a key account, and why is it so much more than a typical account?
- If marketing dedicates budget to a list of dream accounts, does this improve the relationship between sales and marketing?
- Should you deploy a multi-channel approach when launching an account based marketing program?
- Why should marketing leaders build a list of accounts, ranked best to worst, based on revenue potential and propensity to buy?
- What are the best ways to develop personalized content and get it in front of the right buyers and influencers?
During the show we will use SBI’s newly released workbook, How to Make Your Number in 2017 to guide our conversation. Specifically we will focus on the execution step of marketing strategy which covers topics including account based marketing. If you’d like to download the workbook to follow along, you can sign up for a copy here.
If your sales team lives and dies by the big deal, growing revenues faster than your competitors and industry will require a shift in behavior. Listen here as Gahan explains how account based marketing will help you make your number.