Joining us for today’s show is Milan Malivuk, the Director of Growth and Acquisition Marketing at Intellitix. We are going to take a deep dive into one of the hottest topics in B2B Marketing: Revenue Attribution.
Simply put, Revenue Attribution is the ability to trace each dollar of revenue back to the marketing or sales activity that originally sourced the opportunity. To get your arms around this complex topic, access the most comprehensive resource available on the topic. Download our Special Issue: Revenue Attribution.
Why this topic? CEOs and Chief Revenue Officers need to understand what sales and marketing activities help influence a revenue booking. Once you can quantify the value of those activities, then you can attribute revenue back to the activities that produced the revenue. These insights can then guide your marketing and sales investments.
Our guest today has a proven record of accomplishment in revenue marketing and the ability to tie marketing investment to revenue. Few B2B marketers have fully closed the loop to attribute revenue to each touch. This podcast episode is a resource to understand how to implement revenue attribution.
In the first segment Milan describes covers the fundamentals to bring clarity to the subject and why it’s important. Marketing Contribution is often confused with Attribution.
- How do you describe Revenue Attribution?
- What is the business value of Revenue Attribution to you as a marketing leader?
- What is the value of Revenue Attribution to the Chief Revenue Officer, the CEO, and the Board?
Segment two goes deep with Milan on how to implement. Literally, Milan is one of the few marketing leaders who has implemented real revenue attribution measures. Listen to the show to hear the process Milan undertook to make it happen, including:
- How did you prepare your team?
- What changes were required with sales operations to close the loop?
- What activities were required by your team to implement, and did you implement Revenue Attribution in stages?
- What technology was required?
The final segment explains the output of revenue attribution. What should the reports include and how to present to the executive team.