Today’s topic is how to make marketing scientific through a marketing operations department. It’s difficult to grow revenue faster than your industry’s growth rate and faster than your competitors. Leverage the How to Make Your Number in 2018 to access a revenue growth methodology to hit your number quarter after quarter, and year after year.
Why this topic? Data is everywhere. Channels are exploding. Technology is changing. Executives require more detailed reporting. Marketing can no longer rely on intuition and experience is no longer enough. You are living in the “show me” era, and this means marketers need a little less art and a little more science.
Joining us is Arnaud Kraajvanger, the Vice President of Marketing Insights and Operations for Genesys. Genesys provides customer experience contact center solutions. More than 10,000 companies in over 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate seamless omnichannel customer journeys. Watch as Arnaud describes how marketing operations is in a unique position with more data than ever to have a significant impact on the business.
In the first segment Arnaud describes the outcomes marketing operations drives toward to make the company and marketing more effective. Data-driven insights help us in the following areas:
- Perform better planning
- Optimize investments for where we place our bets that will give us the highest return
- Segmentation that identifies the right customers, and how can we optimize our conversion
Watch as Arnaud describes the organization structure and roles of a marketing operations team. We discuss the specific roles and the work relationships between marketing operations and other parts of the organization.
Arnaud and I discuss the following questions throughout the show to demonstrate how to transition to a more scientific marketing department.
- How do you measure the effectiveness of the marketing team?
- Please describe your analytics strategy.
- Please describe the data and systems architecture that supports the marketing ops team.
- How do you calculate the cost to acquire a customer?
- How do you calculate the life time value of a customer?
- How do you make sure your forecast is accurate?
Have expectations gone up and left you wondering if you can make your number? Here is an interactive tool that will help you understand if you have a chance at success. Take the Revenue Growth Diagnostic test and rate yourself against SBI’s sales and marketing strategy to find out if:
- Your revenue goal is realistic
- You will earn your bonus
- You will keep your job