Today’s topic demonstrates how to learn who you buyers are, how they make purchase decisions, and why they will choose you over your competitors. It’s difficult to grow revenue faster than your industry’s growth rate and faster than your competitors. Leverage the How to Make Your Number in 2018 to access a revenue growth methodology to hit your number quarter after quarter, and year after year.
Our guest today is Ann Fellman, Senior Vice President of Marketing. Code42 provides cloud-based endpoint data security and recovery solutions for more than 39,000 organizations worldwide. IT and security teams at the most recognized brands in business and education use Code42 to centrally manage and protect critical end-user data to recover from any data incident simply and rapidly, no matter the cause.
In the first segment of the show Ann describes her buyers to provide context in the use case of Code42 to demonstrate buyer research. We will go deep into the factors buyers consider and how you become aware of these factors.
Why this topic? Buyers have changed their preferences and continue to do so. They want to engage with your company in new ways and through new channels. Brand preference erodes quickly and loyalty is harder and harder to obtain and retain. Revenue growth depends on your ability to know your buyers better than your competitors, and better than themselves.
Watch my interview with Ann as she responds to the following questions to demonstrate buyer research best practices:
- Does the buyer’s journey vary in length by market segment, persona, product, and sales channel? If so, how, and why?
- Is the decision to buy your product made by a centralized buying decision team or, a decentralized fragmented buying decision team?
- Through which channels do your customers prefer to engage with your company and how did you discover this?
- When you win a deal, what are the reasons?
- When you lose a deal, what are the reasons?
- How did you determine the real reasons for winning and losing?
In the final segment of the show, Ann provides detailed advice on how to learn who your buyers are, how they make purchase decisions and why they choose you over competitors.
Have expectations gone up and left you wondering if you can make your number? Here is an interactive tool that will help you understand if you have a chance at success. Take the Revenue Growth Diagnostic test and rate yourself against SBI’s sales and marketing strategy to find out if:
- Your revenue goal is realistic
- You will earn your bonus
- You will keep your job