Today’s interview is a special one, we have two guests on SBI TV – a marketing leader and sales leader – you’ll learn they’ve teamed up to tackle data siloes and make data-driven decisions.
We are joined by Jill Rowley, former Chief Growth Officer, and Sarah Kennedy Ellis, Chief Marketing Officer, for Marketo, a software company that provides marketing automation software focused on account-based marketing.
Click here for the podcast version of this interview.
Segment 1: Biggest Data Challenges for Marketers
- The 3 biggest data problems for marketers. minute 2:28
- Developing new muscle – data driven sales. minute 4:09
- Working with the rest of the C Suite. minute 5:48
Skip to minute 5:10 to hear about a critical challenge that falls on sales leaders to solve:
” It frightens me the reluctance still that exists at a rep, director, VP level to put data into the CRM system. If you can’t get the data into the system, then you can’t analyze the data…”
Segment 2: Turning Data into Insights & Actions
- Getting the data needed to align marketing and sales. minute 8:55
- Three steps for detangling the data spaghetti. minute 10:57
- Leveraging martech to extract insights. minute 15:44
Skip to minute 12:34 to watch Sarah explain why talent must be at the helm of technology:
“I think you have to have the right people. In my world of marketing ops, I need the people who can go in, run to the fire, problem solve, and identify where there are issues or challenges and how to resolve those…”