This means that you can’t nail down your 2016 plan without insights from the other five teams. So, before you dive in, use this checklist to be sure you have everything you need to make the number in 2016.
Where does Talent Strategy fit into the hierarchy?
The hierarchy of Strategic Alignment flows as follows:
- Market Research
- Corporate Strategy
- Product Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- Sales Strategy
- Talent Strategy
According to this outline, Talent Strategy depends on insights from the external market and four other major departments. It’s important to be sure these teams have their 2016 plans solidified before you proceed with yours. Here’s how.
What questions must I answer before I plan my strategy?
You can’t source new talent without understanding exactly what each team needs to accomplish in the year ahead. For example, if Sales needs more feet on the ground, they have to communicate to your team just what they’re looking for in new candidates.
In order to properly play your role in Strategic Alignment, ask your team these five questions:
- How is the Talent Strategy using the insights from Market Research to determine the talent required?
- How is the Talent Strategy taking direction from the Corporate Strategy to drive the allocation of talent?
- How is the Talent Strategy using the Product Strategy to determine the Product talent required to execute the strategy?
- How is the Talent Strategy using the Marketing Strategy to determine the Marketing talent required to execute the strategy?
- How is the Talent Strategy using the Sales Strategy to determine the Sales talent required to execute the strategy?
You can fill in these answers for yourself on page 33 of our research report right here.
Now that you understand just what you need from other teams, here’s how to use their insights to form your own strategy.
What does my team need to accomplish?
The Talent Strategy is a benchmarked program that assesses, recruits, on-boards, develops and retains a team of top producing Sales and Marketing executives.
Only strong talent and the right performance conditions can result in a winning formula for growth.
By following the three steps outlined here, you’ll be well prepared to help your company make the quota in 2016 by staffing only the top talent.
Ready to start planning your Talent Strategy? Register for a session with an SBI Strategist. We’ll walk you through our 2016 “Make Your Number” Strategy report and help you apply it to your organization. Click here to register.