article | July 23, 2017
Why Top Candidates Bail From Your Hiring Process
A-Player candidates are attainable, and they have multiple good options to choose from. But many companies will not land these top sales reps. There are too many negative signals during the sourcing and hiring process.
Top candidates know that their success relies on 50% of their talent and 50% of the performance conditions they place themselves in. Leverage the How to Make Your Number in 2018 to access a revenue growth methodology to hit your number quarter after quarter, and year after year.
In this post, I’ll share a method to test your own processes. It’s a mystery shop Hiring Process Mystery Shop. It can be used by to uncover gaps in your hiring processes.
Top sales candidates are discerning their next career step. To land them, you have to know what turns them off. If they encounter certain signals, they may cross your company off the list. The hiring process contains many factors- any one of which could be negatively perceived. Then you lose the candidate.
Here are some of those factors, grouped by 3 areas:
These are the areas that can give the most negative signals. However, they’re also the ones you have the most control over.
This is a lengthy list to pay attention to. While you can’t make all of it perfect, you can find gaps. Do this by following a mystery shopping process. Here are some steps:
1. Coordinate someone to be a “fake” candidate. Use more than one to test different aspects of hiring. Leveraging interns or freelancers for this works well.
2. Download the Hiring Process Mystery Shop. It gives you the checklist of things to look for. Sales Reps can leverage this tool to compare potential employers.
3. Run the mystery shop over a pre-determined time frame. This period should coincide with actual hiring activities. That way, you can compare the mystery shop data with actual feedback from new hires.
4. During this mystery shop period, interview some candidates that didn’t get hired. Ask them for feedback on what negative perceptions they had of the hiring process.
5. Develop an improvement plan. Work with any recruiting agencies you employ to fix gaps.
Have expectations gone up and left you wondering if you can make your number? Here is a tool that will help you understand if you have a chance at success. Take the Revenue Growth Diagnostic test and rate yourself against SBI’s sales and marketing strategy to find out if:
As budgeting season is in full swing, lofty ambitions for next year’s growth meet the stress o...
Although the COVID-19 pandemic is creating challenges that businesses have never dealt with before, ...
Moving from an SMB customer base to enterprise customers sounds like an excellent idea when presente...
It’s 1:00pm. You have scheduled a meeting to review your annual objective of driving greater s...
Every year, thousands of companies spend millions of dollars on sales kickoff (SKO) events. You are ...
We are facing unprecedented challenges with the COVID-19 outbreak, but we are all in this together. ...
Sales Kickoffs are right around the corner. It’s the culmination of months of strategic planni...
It is the start of 2020, a new year for your organization. You are just getting back from vacation, ...
SBI TV episodes bring you Sales and Marketing insights from B2B industry thought leaders and growth experts, on topics like product, pricing, customer experience and success, and go to market. Catch up on new and previous episodes here.