As a sales leader, chances are you got a sales quota increase this year. Does this mean you should go on a hiring spree? Will more headcount help, especially if you’re already behind after Q1? We recently discussed the topic of headcount planning on our podcast. My colleague, Ryan Tognazzini, Principal at SBI, and I discuss how to determine if you should hire more sales reps.
Ryan and I will discuss the steps to ensure you are making the right hiring decisions. During this episode we’ll explain:
- Why, before hiring more reps, you need to make sure you have a sales plan in place.
- Why additional headcount will only help mature organizations with solid sales strategies.
- When it’s a good idea to add sales reps to catch up on missed revenue goals.
- How to ensure you don’t have tactics masquerading as a sales strategy.
- How to find the right talent, and ensure the right performance conditions are in place when hiring.
Hiring more sales reps doesn’t necessarily mean you will meet your sales quota. Ultimately, you need to start by ensuring you have a sales strategy in place. Then, and only then, can you determine if you need to hire more reps. Listen to our show to determine what headcount you need to make your number.