SBI peeked into the future to ask, “What will our 2025 revenue strategy look like?” Here’s what we found:
1. Siloed sales strategies will be obsolete. Your revenue plan will be driven by full strategic alignment—weaving together product launches, marketing, sales, customer service, HR, and other functions into one integrated plan.
2. Migration of B2C buying trends into B2B environments will accelerate. As consumers expect excellence today from the companies they buy from, business buyers will demand more from the businesses that serve them.
3. Omni-channel buying experiences will be table stakes. When a buyer moves from your website to a social network, to a sales rep, or to a customer service rep, the dialogue must be a single connected conversation.
4. Social networks will shift from connections to conversations. The buyer experience will be fully transparent to anyone in the market. Sales differentiation will be impossible without support from product, marketing, customer service, and so forth.
5. Inside sales will eclipse outside sales as the primary sales channel. Geographically distributed buying-decision teams combined with improved virtual collaboration technologies will make meetings more productive to conduct remotely— boosting productivity per salesperson.
6. Infrastructure requirements to sell globally will be reduced. Improved technology and localization will enable smaller and emerging companies to compete from headquarters located anywhere in the world.
7. Switching costs will drop considerably. Migration to licensing products through delivery mechanisms such as software as a service or managed services will quicken disruption, putting more customers in the market each year.
Top-growth companies are already embracing these strategies to outpace the competition. Are you?
If you’re not factoring these strategic shifts into the equation, leap frog ahead of your competition. If you would like help figuring out which emerging best practices are right for your company, leverage SBI’s or and then consider a trip to see me. Bring your team to Dallas at The Studio, SBI’s multimillion dollar, one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art executive briefing center.
Sessions at The Studio are experiential and are designed around the principles of interactive exercises, hands-on innovation, and peer-to-peer collaboration. The Studio is a safe haven for learning and after just a few days clients leave with confidence and clarity on what they need to do to grow revenue and how to do it.