Today’s topic is understanding how to leverage Sales Development Reps to generate leads for the sales team. If you would like to implement an outbound marketing program with a team of SDRs, consider having one of our experts spend some time with you in workshop. It’s difficult to grow revenue faster than your industry’s growth rate and faster than your competitors. Leverage the How to Make Your Number in 2018 to access a revenue growth methodology to hit your number quarter after quarter, and year after year.
Joining us is Heather Young, the Vice President of Sales Development for Rimini Street. Rimini Street is a leading global provider for a third-party enterprise support. This includes maintenance and support for SAP and Oracle E-Business Suite, Siebel, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Hyperion and RETEK software.
In the first segment of the program Heather and I discuss creating a high-performance SDR team using the Rimini Street team as an illustration. Heather is responsible for leading the vision and strategy of the worldwide sales development organization for Rimini Street. Heather has implemented outbound marketing through a team of 20 sales development reps (SDRs).
Why this topic? For many B2B companies, inbound marketing is not producing enough leads for the sales team. As a result, many marketers have added a team of SDRs, sales development reps, to drive outbound marketing efforts in an attempt to meet the never-ending need for more leads.
In the first segment of today’s show we discuss these questions:
- Why did you choose to implement outbound marketing with a team of sales development reps?
- Is this in replacement of, or in addition to, inbound marketing?
- You have a team of 20 SDRs, which is a sizable investment. What expectations are there for this team and how did you secure the funding for this team, i.e. what was the business case?
Listen as Heather describes how to hire, onboard and compensate the crucial SDR position in the second section. Of interest is the robust six-week onboarding program she implements to get new SDRs up and running.
In the final segment, Heather answers these insightful questions:
- Did you consider outsourcing this function and why did you decide to do it in house?
- What types of tools do you provide this team of sales development reps?
- What does the future hold for outbound marketing and the sales development rep position?
Have expectations gone up and left you wondering if you can make your number? Here is an interactive tool that will help you understand if you have a chance at success. Take the Revenue Growth Diagnostic test and rate yourself against SBI’s sales and marketing strategy to find out if:
- Your revenue goal is realistic
- You will earn your bonus
- You will keep your job