Marketing is virtual and digital in 2020 and beyond. That means it’s even harder to get in front of your prospects because the digital channels are more crowded than ever with competing messages. Revenue Marketing can shoulder more work in building the pipeline, but it also needs greater investment to contribute to profitable growth. Learn from the market leaders where to identify cross-functional savings, new efficiencies, and fresh innovations to fuel your marketing results and take share. Leave the market laggards to continue to just stare.
Allocate marketing budgets to the accounts with the most revenue potential to Increase revenue contributed by marketing.
- What It Is – Underfund marketing and revenue growth is constrained. Overfund marketing and profits will suffer. Spread a marketing budget across all segments, accounts and buyers and you will run out of money quickly without showing results.
- Why It’s Important – Revenue growth is maximized with an objective-based budget and the precise allocation of all marketing dollars. This enables your company to focus on strategies and activities that will maximize your Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI).
- How to Use It – Use a data-driven approach to allocate budget in high value programs. Each year, use a zero-based budgeting approach to maintain agility and eliminate programs that did not drive pipeline and revenue.
Generate enough leads with the right prospects for the sales team to exceed the revenue objectives.
- What It Is – Many companies generate most of their revenue from a lot of small accounts. Companies like this need a large and steady volume of leads to maintain this revenue. Marketing needs to capture and qualify these leads before sending to sales. For companies that live and die by the big deal, a focused marketing approach like ABM is critical.
- Why It’s Important – Effective demand generation creates the right volume of qualified leads which leads to more sales opportunities and revenue growth.
- How to Use It – Highly-targeted and customized content delivered through the right channels will provide the insights to compel target prospects to consider your solutions. As a result, these accounts are easier to obtain, retain, and grow.
Leverage impactful digital channels to reach the right audience, promote the company brand and inspire customer action.
- What It Is – Digital marketing can enhance brand reach to a large and targeted audience, which leads to increased brand awareness, more lead generation, and higher lead conversion. The best digital strategies are developed with inputs from brand research and a deep understanding of buyer expectations.
- Why It’s Important – Digital marketing is a critical part of a company’s marketing mix and integrated programs. Integration across all channels is critical and will improve data collection and campaign conversion metrics.
- How to Use It – Coupled with a good tech stack, build a marketing machine that keeps the top of the funnel full and moves prospects through the buyer’s journey.
Drive more revenue from customers by increasing cross-sell, up-sell, and retention.
- What It Is – When a customer says, “I did not know you did that,” that’s an opportunity. If a business depends on increasing the revenue generated from current customers, develop integrated customer programs to educate them on broad range of company offerings.
- Why It’s Important – The customer life cycle does not stop once a prospect becomes a customer. Effective customer marketing leads to higher customer retention and increased Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV) through meaningful cross-sell and upsell motions.
- How to Use It – Develop thoughtful and value-oriented sales and marketing motions to maximize CLTV through sustained education and communication strategies. By aligning sales, customer success and marketing, best-in-class companies have more predictable revenue forecasts through effective customer marketing investments.
Increase mindshare and wallet share with every channel partner by offering the right program features, incentives and engagement programs.
- What It Is – A sound channel sales strategy results in each partner meeting their revenue targets. To be most effective, companies should focus attention on the partners that consistently over-perform and take constructive action to address under-performance.
- Why It’s Important – When partner marketing is executed properly, it leads to better partner engagement, higher partner retention, and increased revenue.
- How to Use It – Because these partners are high-performers, they are likely in high demand to represent other solutions. Marketing is the best way to maintain and improve partner relationships through best-in-class programs and enablement.
Translating product features into value messaging that buyers identify with and resonates with their business needs.
- What It Is – Product features and technical functionality are critical in designing products. Unfortunately, it’s well established that fancy features are not always enough to motivate buyers to purchase a product.
- Why It’s Important – Buyers want to understand the unique value a product will provide, and what the Return on Investment (ROI) will be in their organization. Great product marketing translates features and functionality into value propositions and competitive advantages that resonate with buyers.
- How to Use It – Value messaging is what drives great product launches, creates effective marketing campaigns, equips sales with enablement and ultimately delivers outsized revenue growth.
Marketing Tech Stack
Build a scalable technology ecosystem to support full-stack digital marketing and empower better decision-making within the marketing team.
- What It Is – Newer cloud-based offerings are easy for marketing teams to buy and use, but these tools also need to be integrated and data integrity needs to be maintained. Whether built for B2C or B2B, when done well these investments lead to better data-driven decision-making.
- Why It’s Important – By giving teams more agility with enriched real-time information, the company can adjust marketing investments more quickly to meet the changing needs of the Buyer.
- How to Use It – Power all marketing programs, from always-on digital to ABM, with an integrated and scalable martech stack that’s designed to support the business needs. Even analyze customer interaction data to provide predictive guidance for future direction.