PHASE 2: PRODUCT VISION
Create clarity of purpose and focus for your products.
Products are often developed without an objective for what it is trying to achieve, or if there is one, it is in the head of a single person who had the idea. Without a shared common goal for a product, a domino effect will take place – the strategy to attain goals is unclear or worse it is assumed, the scope and requirements creep, the fit into the product portfolio becomes confusing, and so on. Developing a product vision that is clearly documented and shared with stakeholders and the team will provide that North Star that everyone can remain focused on.
1. You have a product vision for every product.
2. Your product vision and underlying market-based support has been shared with all stakeholders.
3. Stakeholders understand and are aligned to the vision and direction of the product.
4. Using a research-based approach, your product vision takes into consideration industry trends.
5. Using a research-based approach, you have aligned your product vision to a problem the market has been unable to solve itself.
6. Using the corporate strategy as a guideline, your product vision is aligned with the direction of the product portfolio.
7. The strategy to execute on your product vision is clearly defined.
8. The scope of the strategy is documented, shared, and agreed upon by all stakeholders.
9. Using a research-based approach, the features within scope are important to your users.
10. Using a research-based approach, you have validated that your product vision resonates with users and buyers.
• Product Vision Brief
• Product Specific Strategy
• Market Overview
• Risk and Mitigation Plan