PHASE 13: NEW PRODUCT/FEATURE LAUNCH PROCESS
Prepare Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams for successful product launches
Product launches fail to generate revenue when marketing teams, sales people, channel partners, and customer success teams are not included until the late stages of the launch process, or not involved at all in during prelaunch preparations. When products are developed and launched in isolation, a lack of awareness results that stifles the ability for marketing and sales to do their job, leading to poor results. The right launch process compels your customers to act by creating product awareness through strategically planned marketing campaigns, and stories told directly to customers by well-trained sales channels and customer success teams, stimulating latent demand while leading to exceptional revenue growth.
1. A product launch process exists that helps to consistently meet your revenue expectations in the first year.
2. You create a product launch plan with a budget for all major launches/releases.
3. Your product launch process has different criteria for new product launches vs. releases of existing products.
4. You have an audit process for launch readiness that is conducted for all major launches.
5. Marketing, Sales, Sales Enablement, and Customer Success teams are included in the early stages of the launch process.
6. All customer facing teams receive content, are enabled, and have a process to nurture prospects and seed the market in preparation for product launches.
7. Marketing develops campaign strategies and plans for new product launches that are ready on day one of the product launch.
8. Sales has finalized forecasts of the product numbers and incentives support the company objectives for the product.
9. You have a documented post launch issue tracking process.
10. You conduct a post launch assessment to understand how future launches can be more successful.
• Launch Readiness Audit
• Launch Goals and Objectives
• Launch Strategy and Plan
• Launch Process and Timeline
• Launch Roles and Responsibilities
• Launch Budget
• Launch Success Metrics and Tracking
• Product Marketing Plan
• Product Training Program
• Product Enablement Coaching
• Risk Mitigation Plan
• Go/No-go Decision Process
• Product Enablement Roles and Responsibilities
• Agile Launch Execution Plan
• Post-Launch Issue Tracking and Resolution Plan
• Pre-Launch/Launch/Post-Launch Assessment