PHASE 11: PRODUCT PACKAGING
Create product packaging that maximizes the appeal of a product
Packaging can make or break the appeal of a product. When done poorly, even an ideal product will either not meet revenue expectations, or in the worst-case scenario, will completely fail. Creating the right packaging in a way to make a customer feel good about the product drives customer acceptance of a product and the purchase decision.
1. You prioritize product packaging as an important consideration as you prepare to launch a product.
2. Using a research-based approach, you have a methodology used for product packaging.
3. New products consistently meet revenue expectations.
4. You have an internal team or a vendor to design your product packaging.
5. Your customers have a positive reaction to your products.
6. A style guide is used to develop product packaging that is consistent for your products.
7. You have a product packaging budget.
8. You get feedback from the market specific to product packaging.
9. Using a research-based approach, you validate product packaging resonates with customers.
10. Enhancing your company brand is an important consideration when developing product packaging.
• Packaging Needs Assessment
• Design Vendor Selection Criteria
• Packaging Design Requirements
• Style Guide
• Packaging Budget
• Packaging Development Process