PHASE 12: RELEASE PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
Plan for a successful product release
There is a list of activities that must be planned and executed during prelaunch to achieve consistently successful releases. Oftentimes, this planning is not done until it is too late, creating undue pressure and subpar work from all the teams involved. Additionally, planned activities are one size fits all, not taking into consideration the level of complexity of a release. A well-planned release creates the platform for a successful product launch that drives the planned revenue growth.
1. You develop a release plan for all products.
2. You develop a release schedule for all products that differs based on the complexity of the product.
3. You have a RACI that defines the roles and responsibilities of each functional team.
4. Your release plan takes into consideration industry and organizational events.
5. Your release plan takes into consideration the release of other products in the portfolio.
6. Your release scope is evaluated and agreed upon by all stakeholders.
7. The scope of a release drives the activities around supporting the release.
8. The stakeholders differ based on the scope of a release.
9. Your planning for a release takes place well in advance to properly prepare.
10. Functional teams meet on a regular basis during your planning and execution of a release.
• Product Scope Evaluation
• Product Release Schedule
• Product Release Project Plan
• Meeting Cadence Recommendations