PHASE 10: USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN
Make the customer experience a competitive differentiator.
Customer’s expectations have risen, and failure to provide an exceptional experience for each customer results in poor revenue growth. Some customers prioritize their experience over product performance when making a purchase decision. This requires a deep understanding of the customer’s journey, and each touch point along the way. Mapping this customer journey is a difficult, yet mission-critical task that, when done correctly, results in exceptional revenue growth.
1. You have a user experience design methodology that incorporates customer feedback into the design process.
2. Customer experience is a competitive advantage.
3. You have a customer advisory board.
4. Using a research-based approach, you have identified and created user personas and validated use cases for each of your products.
5. Using a research-based approach, you use market intelligence and the requirements backlog when creating wireframes that are validated with customers.
6. Using data-driven models, you perform a feature feasibility analysis.
7. You have a prototype validation methodology that includes the types of interaction the user will have with the product and a baseline of the expected outcome.
8. You have a budget to validate the user experience design.
9. Working prototypes are put in front of buyers to validate the solution.
10. You stop development of products until course correction is complete if buyers reject the prototype.
• User Personas
• Use Cases
• Requirements Backlog
• Feature Usability Study
• User Experience Design Methodology
• User Experience Design Budget