Phase 6: Organizational Design
Determine the right number of “feet on the street,” what type of reps you need, and the best organizational chart for you.
Too few reps and you will miss the revenue number. Too many reps and you will destroy profits. Hire field reps when you need inside reps and frustrate the customers. Organize in a hunter farmer model when you need industry verticals or product specialists and the revenue goal will be harder to hit than it needs to be.
- Sales organization design assessment
- Buyer value chain analysis
- Optimal Structure design and org chart
- Roles and responsibilities by role
- Top-down and bottom-up head count model
- Time study
- Headcount plan by role
- Pro forma revenue and cost model
- Rapid build vs. safety build vs. pay as you go rollout plan
- Transition plan
With your sales organization whittled down to size, it is now time to move onto Phase 7: People Plan.