PHASE 7: ASSESSMENTS
Assess each individual in each key functional role against a customized profile to identify strengths and gaps using the Top-Grading Methodology.
SBI follows the top-grading for sales process that compares competencies, accountabilities, and the intangible aspects of emotional intelligence and field presence. The end result is a wholistic view of the candidate. This ultimately reduces employee ramp-to-productivity and employee churn by assuring role fitness up-front in the process.
1. You use a data-driven assessment methodology to understand the capabilities and accountabilities of your team.
2. You have clearly defined roles and responsibilities for your assessment process.
3. You have a sufficient budget allocated toward the assessment of all your talent options.
4. You have identified who is responsible for consolidating and analyzing the assessment data.
5. You integrated behavioral interview techniques and emerging best practices into your assessment process.
6. You utilize competency interview techniques, reference checks, and background checks into your process.
7. You perform a work or job trial as part of the assessment process to see how the candidate will perform in the job.
8. You have defined and follow a process of how well decisions be made at the end of the assessment process.
9. You continue to “sell to” a candidate after an offer is extended to ensure they accept the job.
10. You categorize the talent you have assessed into A/B/C Player categories based on the completed assessments and the known strengths/weaknesses of your organization and the individuals.
- Scenario-based interview questions & Phone Screens
- Online Personality Assessment (Job Matching)
- Competency Library (by role)*
- Competency Assessment Tests
- Accountabilities Review (ex. Quota attainment by rep)
- Hiring Manager Interviews
- Case Study/Job Trial
- Team Assessment with Scorecard (A/B/C Player Map)
- Sales & Marketing Ride-Alongs
- Reference & Off-balance Interviews
- Job Offer Letter (or Candidate Rejection)