PHASE 10: SUCCESSION PLANNING
Identify and develop high-potential candidates and groom them to fill key leadership positions within your organization.
Succession planning ensures you can meet the future leadership needs required to drive your organization toward a positive future. It provides a pipeline of talent so that planned (and unexpected) vacancies can be filled quickly with the ideal candidate. With excellent succession and promotion planning, leadership can proactively identify who would backfill critical roles.
1. Your succession plan has been documented in collaboration with each functional leader.
2. Each role and corresponding compensation plan is accurately reflected in your succession plan.
3. You have clearly defined all the key leadership positions required to achieve your company objectives over the next 12 months.
4. You have clearly defined all the key leadership positions required to achieve your company objectives over the next 24-36 months.
5. Your performance management program has a proven track record of successfully developing future leaders.
6. There is a defined process to identify internal candidates to be placed into a succession plan.
7. You constantly test candidates to assess their readiness to assume their next role.
8. You communicate our succession plans throughout your company and all employees understand the minimum requirements to qualify for these plans.
9. When you transition candidates into their next role, it is timely and efficient.
10. You have identified the high-potential candidates that are ready to be groomed to fill key leadership positions within your organization.
• Assessment of the Succession Planning Program
• Succession Planning Program
• Succession Planning Process
• Individual Succession Planning Guide
• Succession Planning Communication Plan