PHASE 2: TALENT PLANNING BY FUNCTION
This is the tactical execution of the Talent Strategy.
Tactics involve doing things right. And with the right strategy, a brilliant plan is executed brilliantly.
Talent Planning, therefore, provides the tactical execution plan by function so that the organization is both efficient and effective. In the end, planning helps you put the right people in the right roles.
1. A strategic-driven execution plan has been customized to serve the unique needs of each functional group.
2. Your Human Resources team is collaborative and executes strategic plans quickly.
3. The talent strategy execution planning takes a long-term view of the needs of your organization by looking quarters (if not years) into the future.
4. The quality of talent in your go-to-market functions consistently meets performance expectations.
5. There are clear roles & responsibilities for the talent management team.
6. The type of roles & responsibilities you need to effectively manage your talent have been clearly defined.
7. You have ranked your talent by A/B/C Players by analyzing individual capabilities and account abilities.
8. You have selected one of the seven B2B sales organizational models that best supports your buyers (stratification, hunter/farmer, product specialist, industry specialist, role specialist, geo graphic, hybrid).
9. When building your headcount plan, you follow your selected organizational model without deviation.
10. Your headcount plan provides the capability and capacity needed to make your number.
• Talent Quality/Performance Gap Analysis
• Talent Execution Project Plan by Function
• Long-Term Execution Roadmap
• Talent Management Roles & Responsibilities
• A/B/C Player Analysis & Headcount Plan